Difícil de creer:
You read right – a memo was sent out by council leader, Lutfur Rahman and his deputy, Siraj Islam, telling ALL councillors that during the period of Ramadan the following should occur:
1) All meetings will be kept at a minimum to accommodate the fasting councillors.
2) Council bosses have also ordered that the town hall’s business agenda should be reduced, with only seven scheduled committee meetings for the entire month, to deal with the Ramadan restrictions.
3) They urge all other councillors to resist eating until the breaking of the fast at sunset.
4) Council meetings normally start at so with sunset due to fall just after at the beginning of September and around by the end of Ramadan, the breaking of the fast will take place during meetings. At that time here will be 45-minute adjournments to allow members to eat and pray, council leaders have ordered.
4) Normally tea, coffee and sandwiches are set aside for councillors to eat during evening meetings. But during Ramadan these will be reduced and complemented by special Muslim food packs containing chicken, lamb and vegetarian snacks.
5) But in an email, (Dhimmi) John Williams, the council’s head of democratic (a misnomer if I ever heard one) services, said: ‘It is requested that members do not partake of any refreshments until after the Iftar refreshments are served.’
¿Estos laboristas no eran el partido de los obreros?